A guide to publishers and publishing services for serious writers since 1997.
Preditors & Editors can be found at both AR-Hosting and in Virtuo.
Help Defend P&E
Unfortunately, there are those who do not like P&E or its editor because we give out information that they would prefer remain hidden from writers. Usually, they slink away, but not this time. P&E is being sued and we are asking for donations to mount a legal defense in court. Please click on the link below and give if you can to help protect P&E so it can continue to defend writers as it has for over a decade.
Other sites are welcome to copy the code for our donation button and place it on their pages with an appeal on behalf of P&E.
What's on this Site?Information for Artists, Composers, Game Designers, Poets, and Writers of all persuasions. Following is a detailed description of Preditors & Editors' contents, most of which you can reach using the menu options above. Some features are linked from other pages. As well, some browsers may display the colors differently.
- This page (light blue pages)
- What's on this Site? Descriptions of menu options.
- About Preditors & Editors. Our purpose, who we list, and why. Also an explanation of the colors used and information about the editor of P&E.
- Link Back Emblems.
- Attention Authors! How to advertise your first book for free on P&E.
- Rating Criteria
for all sections of P&E.
- Writing On The Fly, the P&E bulletin board for readers and writers sponsored by Cybling. That board appears to have been lost somehow. Nonetheless, we thank Cybling for all the support they lent us.
- The Preditors & Editors Readers Poll.
- Agents (ivory pages)
- How Do Agents Work?
- Linked listing of literary and other agents. Legal services are also listed in this section.
- Art (light grey pages)
- Linked listing of businesses offering or accepting art for sale.
- Awards (gold pages)
- Literary Industry Awards
- Eligibility for Preditors & Editors' awards and Nomination Instructions.
- Nominated sites for an award from Preditors & Editors.
- Sites of Distinction. These are linked sites honored with an award from Preditors & Editors.
- Certified Web Ranger award.
- Awards received by Preditors & Editors.
- Editor's Award Recipients.
- Book Publishers (silver pages)
- Linked listing of book publishers and distributors.
- Chats (light grey pages)
- Linked listing of chat rooms for writers, artists, and composers to enter.
- Contests (light grey pages)
- Linked listing of contests for writers, artists, and composers to enter.
- Conventions (light grey pages)
- Linked listing of conventions for writers and fans.
- Definitions (burlywood pages)
- Listing of publishing terms and their meanings.
- Editing & Software (coral pages)
- Linked listing of editing services, indexing services, and software for writers.
- Email. How to contact Preditors & Editors. Comments, Questions, Updates, and Insults. Also, how to be listed in P&E.
- Game Publishers (silver pages)
- Linked listing of game publishers.
- Jobs (green pages)
- Linked listing of jobs and job services for writers, composers, and artists.
- Journalism (light blue pages)
- Linked listing of newspapers and journalism resources.
- Magazines (light blue pages)
- Linked listing of magazines and magazine publishers.
- Music (beige pages)
- Linked listing of magazine, publishing, and resource sites for music and composing.
- New (light blue page)
- Linked listing of new entries to be found within the regular pages of P&E.
- Copyright Protection Letters Letter templates for use when a writer's work is copied without permission.
- New Books Announcements of first books by new authors.
- Opinions (beige pages)
- Listing of posted opinions in Preditors & Editors about writing, art, music, and the business of publishing.
- Organizations (wheat pages)
- Linked listing of organizations having to do with publishing or writing, drawing, and composing.
- Promotional (burlywood pages)
- Linked listing of promotional and marketing services, reviewer sites, and conventions.
- Related Sites (wheat pages)
- Linked listing of entries bearing some relation to the business of publishing, writing, art, and composing, such as bookstores.
- Resources (light blue pages)
- Linked listing of web sites containing writer or artist resources.
- Screenwriters (silver pages)
- Linked listing of screenwriter resources.
- Signings and Readings (light grey pages)
- Listing of authors who will be on hand publicly to either sign and/or read their work.
- Submissions (cyan pages)
- Copyright, patent, and trademark information.
- Sample query letter.
- Sample synopsis.
- Submission formats.
- Sample screenplay.
- Sample cover letter.
- Submission checklist.
- Submission tracking.
- What Does Rejection Mean?
- Sample inquiry letter.
- Sample author's biography.
- Guidelines for opinion submissions to Preditors & Editors.
- Warnings (white pages)
- Warnings about some publishing and writing service activities. Generally, warnings are posted beside the appropriate entries within the P&E listing pages.
- Linked listing of other web sites with important info about scams or threats.
- Workshops (light grey pages)
- Linked listing of workshops for writing, composing, art, and so forth.
To learn about our purpose, who we list, and why, use the link in this heading.
Want to display a link back to Preditors & Editors to show your support for all writers? Follow the link in this heading.
Want to promote your first published book?
In furtherance of our commitment to helping writers, P&E will help you announce your first book regardless of whether it is published in print or electronically. Follow the link in this heading.
Here are some New Books by first time novelists.
If you reached Preditors & Editors by way of one of the award rings, you can find their links by clicking on this heading.
Preditors & Editors, with the assistance of Cybling, presents its bulletin board for readers and writers. Post messages telling what you like to read. Ask questions about how to become a writer or published.
Use this link to visit the P&E web page covering the annual Readers Poll and reach the results.
Preditors & Editors logo designed and created by P. Marin-Kingsley.
Preditors & Editors is a trademark of David L. Kuzminski.