Preditors and Editors
A guide to publishers and publishing services for serious writers since 1997.
Click on this link to view a growing list of awards given out by different aspects of the publishing industry.
Preditors & Editors is proud to announce the creation of its own awards for excellence on the Internet and off. This is our way of encouraging others to strive for their best. These awards will be given out only once each month or not at all if no worthy sites are nominated.
- Commercial and organizational sites having something to do with publishing or writing are eligible for the Truly Useful Site Award shown below. Such sites should actually convey some useful information beyond mere submission guidelines or a list of products. Accurate marketing information, practical advice, active links to resources, and such are what truly help writers.
- Individual author/composer/artist sites are eligible for the Author's/Composer's/Artist's Site of Excellence shown below. Nominated sites should contain some entertainment value and not be solely an advertisement for works sold elsewhere. Sites may not be nominated for both awards as their eligibility requirements are quite different. Ezines or other commercial and organizational sites carried on personal web pages are considered eligible only for the Truly Useful Site Award. Only one of the three displayed emblems below is actually awarded each month. Game designers are considered authors.
- To prevent this from becoming a burden on its judges, Preditors & Editors has chosen to limit consideration to the first ten nominations received each month for each of the above awards. Nominations must be received seven days before the end of the month to give the judges plenty of time for visiting sites. Nominations are not carried forward automatically from previous months. However, sites may be nominated again the following month. Please check the Nominated Sites page to determine if nominations are closed for either or both awards before sending in a nomination. Nominations received and placed into consideration will be acknowledged only on the Nominated Sites page.
- Nominations must be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the words "Award Nomination" in the subject heading. Please include the nominated site's title and URL within the text message. For example, Preditors & Editors, URL http://www.sfwa.org/prededitors/, including all capitalization as required so our panel can find and inspect the site. As well, please specify the award the site is being nominated for. A panel of two or more judges will consider the nominations. Their decisions will be final and not subject to arbitration.
- Recipients will be notified and receive their awards by e-mail in most cases. The final awards will include the date and recipients name. Sites receiving these awards will be listed and linked on a page within Preditors & Editors' site.
- Anyone copying or modifying these awards to post without permission will be dealt with to the full extent permitted by law. Recipients may, however, modify the size. A link-back is not required. The recipient may use different HTML coding, if desired, to display the award.
- These awards do not constitute an endorsement by Preditors & Editors or its service carrier.
Click on this heading to find out what sites have been nominated for an award from Preditors & Editors.
Sites of Distinction
Click on these headings to find out what sites Preditors & Editors deems outstanding.
Certified Web Ranger
Find a new resource site about writing, composing, or art or a publisher, magagine, or agent for us to list in Preditors & Editors and earn this! Just email us the title, URL, and a very short description of what the site's about.
Awards Received by Preditors & Editors
When this web site was created, it wasn't for the purpose of garnering awards. However, it seems to have done so because of the efforts on the part of a vast group of supportive people, many of whom are listed as contributors within its pages. In truth, the awards belong to each of them. As well, our thanks go out to all those who gave us these awards of recognition.
Special Recognition Award
Sorry, but you can't be nominated for this award. This award is given by our Editor in recognition of a specific achievement. There is no frequency attached to when this award is given out. Click on the award or heading to find out what sites have earned this award.
Preditors & Editors logo designed and created by P. Marin-Kingsley.