▶ SIGN UP FOR UPDATES, FOR WRITERS—To help keep folks updated on what's been added to the site, I've just created a newsletter for writers, to announce new updates, warnings, resources, etc.
▶ SIGN UP FOR UPDATES, FOR READERS—To announce info about free books, promos, drawings, etc.—sign on up!...
▶ SITE UPDATES—There are lots of changes in the works! Click to read what's up. We're also now officially a non-profit corporation.
▶ DEATH OF P&E'S FOUNDER, NEW EDITOR...
[More news | Sign up for updates]
Preditors & Editors welcomes comments and opinions about writing and publishing from all sources. Material accepted for inclusion is subject to editing in order to meet Preditors & Editors' standards of good taste, clarity, and fairness. Preditors & Editors reserves the right to reject any submission for any reason. Unless otherwise stated, these opinions represent only the opinions of their authors and not of P&E or its hosts.
Unfortunately, we can only offer publishing credit and a link to your web site in exchange for publishing your opinion.
- Writers Can Reach Multitudes, Multitudes: An opinion by James A. Haught.
- Dominae Primus on P & E: An opinion by Dominae Primus.
- Writing and Publishing: The Librarian's Handbook: A book review by Dave Kuzminski, Editor, Preditors & Editors (tm)
- PUBLISHING FOR DISILLUSIONED WRITERS An opinion by Chris.
- Beware of Information on Your Book Page: An opinion by Jerrye Sumrall.
- Writer, the RPG An opinion by Dave Kuzminski.
- Blogger PODdy Mouth Posts False Statements, Violates Copyright Law, Refuses to Correct Numerous Published Errors/Inaccuracies by Angela Hoy.
- Speculations — In Memorium An opinion by Dave Kuzminski.
- Beware of Weasel Words (with apologies to real weasels) An opinion by Dave Kuzminski.
- American Bushwhacker An opinion from Teresa Clark.
- Avoiding Mistakes An opinion by Candy J. Beard.
- Advances and Copyright An opinion by Dave Kuzminski.
- Creative Cons An opinion by George English.
- Ghostwriting Scams An opinion by William Hammett.
- Hi! I'm Miss Snark and I'm an Agent! An opinion by Miss Snark.
- Tracking Amazon Sales Rank and Obtaining Accurate Sales Estimates An opinion by David Mercer.
- FLEECED by FC2: Being an INVESTIGATION into the CONFLICTS of INTEREST and SELF-DEALING that Plague the Publisher FICTION COLLECTIVE 2, with ADDITIONAL OBSERVATIONS on the Academic-Government Complex, Proper Organisational Stewardship, &c An opinion by Tim W. Brown.
- Writing a Life Story An opinion by Dave Kuzminski.
- Making Contact An opinion by Dave Kuzminski.
- YADS An opinion by Dave Kuzminski.
- Getting in on the Ground Floor An opinion by Dave Kuzminski.
- The Brass Ring — Or the Bottom Rung? by Dee Power.
- An Opinion by Linda K. Rettstatt.
- So You Want to be Published? POD Publishing: An opinion by Michael Corrigan.
- The R's of Responding to Rejection: An opinion from Writer's Relief, Inc.
- Do You Need An Agent For Your Book Project?: An opinion from Writer's Relief, Inc.
- Synopsis Summary: An opinion from Writer's Relief, Inc.
- Publishing Comparison A chart produced by Lloyd Brown.
- Publishers An opinion by Dave Kuzminski.
- Cutting Submission Costs An opinion by Dave Kuzminski.
- An Analysis of American Book Publishing Group and Publisher Direct Discount Bookstore An opinion by Richard VanMussell.
- PA's Response to Writers Concerning Bad Publicity by PA's Author Support with additional commentary from David L. Kuzminski.
- A Practical Guide to Signings and Readings by David L. Kuzminski.
- Trolling for Predators by David L. Kuzminski.
- Troll or Predator (When the internet is used as a vehicle to commit a crime) Part One by Robin Blue. (Unfortunately, the author has not completed this series.)
- Paperback writer by Susan Pagani. First printed in the San Antonio Current, 6/24/2004.
- The Submission Pile by Christopher Stires.
- A Conversation With Elizabeth George.
- Enjoyment and Success In The Pleasurable Art of Poetry by Michael Levy.
- Do You Need An Author Web Site? by Dawn Seewer.
- The Excellent Writer Within by Michael Levy.
- Do Your Homework: Effectively Researching Agents and Publishers by M. Thomas.
- Upfront Agency Fees An opinion by Dave Kuzminski.
- BAWN LITERARY AGENCY The Hunt Continues... by Tina Morgan, Author, reprinted from the Fiction Factor.
- On Writing an E-Mail Query by Kevin Ahearn, Literary Agent, NY Creative Management.
- Eight ways to promote your writing online by Tim Bete.
- Anthology Opportunities by Jim Van Pelt.
- Inside Commonwealth by Tari. One year inside Commonwealth Publishing.
- Virgin In The Church: The Writing (Part 1) by Scott Nicholson. Chronicling his manuscript from conception to publication.
- Virgin In The Church: The Selling (Part 2) by Scott Nicholson.
- Virgin In The Church: The Nitty Gritty (Part 3) by Scott Nicholson.
- Virgin In The Church: Planting Seeds (Part 4) by Scott Nicholson.
- Virgin In The Church: Down Time (Part 5) by Scott Nicholson.
- Virgin In The Church: The Cover (Part 6) by Scott Nicholson.
- Virgin In The Church: Contractual Matters (Part 7) by Scott Nicholson.
- Virgin In The Church: The Copy Edit (Part 8) by Scott Nicholson.
- Virgin In The Church: The Hype (Part 9) by Scott Nicholson.
- Virgin In The Church: Letting Go (Part 10) By Scott Nicholson.
- Virgin In The Church: Here's the wind-up...and the pitch (Part 11) by Scott Nicholson.
- Virgin In The Church: Endless Beginnings (Part 12) by Scott Nicholson.
- Writing With the Dragon:
A Voice Recognition Primer An opinion from S.N. Arly.
- Reader Response An opinion from Raechel Henderson Moon, Editor, Eggplant Literary Productions.
- How to Promote Your Own Writing An opinion from John D. Harvey.
- 20 VALUABLE TIPS TO GETTING PUBLISHED An opinion from James Russell Publishing.
- 2001 An opinion by Barry Hunter, Editor, Baryon Magazine.
- Electronic Booksellers, You Have to Sell the Sizzle! An opinion by Dave Kuzminski.
- Commonwealth Publications by Stephen G. Esrati.
- Frequently Asked Questions (About Poetry) An opinion by Joe Barby.
- Are Subscriptions Dead? An opinion by Dave Kuzminski.
- Taking A Publication's Pulse An opinion by Dave Kuzminski.
- But It Was Only A Title An opinion by Dave Kuzminski.
- More on the Future of Publishing An opinion by Dave Kuzminski.
- The Secrets of Getting Published An opinion by Dave Kuzminski with an update.
- The Future of Publishing An opinion by Dave Kuzminski.
- Why Do Fiction Magazines Fail So Often? An opinion by Dave Kuzminski.
- What Every Magazine Should Know and Do: An opinion by Dave Kuzminski.